PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Segment 3 performance - 20.7.1b
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2011, 13:00
9.G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mutt, I concur with
I would have thought that PANS OPS 4 and Part 25 certification are two completely different animals...
That's why I don't understand when folks refer to certification when talking about PANS OPS instrument procedures. However from the pilot point of view certification is secondary whereas compliance with the given instrument procedures is primary target. In my understanding the acceleration segment has been deleted outta GO AROUND procedure meaning that the required missed approach gradient must be achieved till the final phase. In practical terms I have no idea when the min of obstacle clearance of 164 ft is achieved except when I'm at the MSA or final level off ALT, whichever is lower. Meaning that the required MA climb gradient must be achieved and maintained till MSA or published level off ALT. Let's SE come into play for GA, now in case the published MA is followed, knowing that there's no level acceleration segment unlike in EO SID, a level flight must not be initiated before the MSA or the published level OFF ALT. The question is how was the GA performance calculated to follow published SID SE? I suppose since the company gives me the choice it's all been taken care of unless I misunderstood the implication of the acceleration segment elimination. I'd appreciate the comments from the performance gurus as well.