PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2011, 11:47
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
pencisely
This is the scale of the mountain BA have to climb, the management know it but BASSA are still of the belief that they are the custodians of the premier airline service. Time to wake up, the world has moved on and BA need to move with it and cannot possibly do it with the old BASSA millstone around its neck.
I think this question is more usually taken in the 'Brickbats' thread, so I shall answer briefly - not least as I repeat myself for regular readers ...

I am certain (as near as can be stated) that the mountain cannot be climbed. BA is in the last phase of it's life. You cannot undo 90 + years of company history, behaviour, culture etc. I should be fascinated to hear of any other large, international company that has recovered their service and profitability from this low ebb. For the record, I have never worked in the airline world.

On the topic of strikes, my sister-in-law and I were discussing long haul trips and I spoke of one planned for autumn of 2012 and that I will use BA (redemption flight) she said, "Would you book them with all those strikes?" So, despite that this dispute fizzling out, folks still think that BA is unreliable. Recover from this?