PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Well done to the Herc boys and girls
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2011, 11:08
Avionker

Received 175 Likes on 81 Posts
Trim stab

These people were picked up from desert airstrips next to oil company installations, not Benghazi International airport. Who owns/operates these airstrips do you think? I suspect the oil companies do.

I don't know if you have ever served in the military in any capacity, your profile doesn't say that you have. Of course mine doesn't either but I did serve 15 years in the RAF as an Avionics tech.

If you have no military experience then perhaps it would be better if you refrained from posting on this topic. Your major gripe appears to be that you feel that you are losing potential work due to the actions of the RAF.

To that end perhaps you can answer the following questions:-

1) How many pax can you get on your aircraft?

2) How would your company go about assessing the situation on the ground, whether it was safe to operate into the area in question or not?

3) If on arriving at the airfield the situation had changed and armed personnel approached your aircraft offering violence if you did not co-operate what would you do?

4) Why do you think these aircraft had SF personnel on board?

Bear in mind that many members of the British armed forces face an uncertain future due to the recent SDSR. All members have seen their T&C's eroded over recent years, us civilians are not unique in that respect.

You say you only get paid when you fly? Well I am a contract aircraft mechanic, I only get paid when I work. In recent times jobs have been thin on the ground as the recession has hit everyone. You, me and the RAF.

In short, this thread is here so people can show their appreciation of the crews who flew, and the personnel who supported, these sorties. If you feel that you can't do that then why post here at all?

And how will the Libyan economy survive this brazen attempt by the RAF to undermine it? I imagine their oil reserves might help in that respect.

Now dry your eyes.