PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Forces and the future?
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2011, 06:59
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
The Forces and the future?
Like many others, I am dismayed by the SDSR. I always thought the forces were safer under the Conservatives (who I always voted for). Now I know they are not.

Given the rabid/rapid scrapping of the Nimrods, they are dead...can any of the other decisions be reversed or they gone for ever (i.e. Ark, Harriers etc)?

Recent events have shown the best in our forces (Libyan rescue missions) and the worst in our politicians.
Arfur Dear Chap,

Its one thing to slash the Defence Budget because you place a low priority or are reluctant to rely upon them or fail to understand the wider picture within which they fit. But its an entirely different matter when having to explain to the countyr why a raft of public services are having to be wheeled into surgery for major financial amputations and not address a £38,000,00,000 deficit in the Defence Budget. Unfortunately the only way seems to be to cut operating costs here as well. This of course means removing great chunks from what , admittedly, is very little. Especially given the amount of money spent on it!

FB