PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Large scale Multi party action against CASA.
Old 28th Feb 2011, 05:22
Bell_Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We all love to kick CASA
I have been ambivalent about CASA (and CAA before that) all my PPL flying life. Then of course, last month, their IT Systems went down (something about ARNs not being attached to medical applications) and my medical has been delayed. So I try to talk to someone senior but get the usual "Telstra" type junior reply - we'll look into it - your call is important to us etc then, "I will call you back - what is your number?"; no one calls, of course. All this, and I pay $75 to them for no joy. Dysfunctional.

Then I buy a new aircraft, mis-fill one character in one of their haplessly designed form and I wait 2 weeks for them to snail mail me instead of using my phone numbers or email addresses on their very own forms which I provided to query me for something very simple. So my aircraft gets delayed in getting registered.

Try calling at 4pm - most of their senior people in CLARC would have gone home. That's my experience. They're a broken down organisation; or at least the 2 parts that I deal with are broken.