PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Well done to the Herc boys and girls
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2011, 21:13
Noah Zark.

Ich bin ein Prooner.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please excuse this intrusion by a lowly civvy, but as a supporter of our armed forces I would just like to add my own "well done" to everyone involved in the Libyan extractions. Seeing it on the telly news makes me very proud to have you folks looking after me and mine.
If I may just add a comment with regards to post #4, from backseatjock, in which it is stated, quote - 'the general public does not seem to understand the need to sustain equipment...etc. etc.', I think that if a straw poll of the general public were to be held, I think you would find that they do indeed understand the need.
But what good is that when those in power refuse blindly to to acknowledge that the path they have taken is an extremely dangerous one?
The level of expertise and dedication in our armed forces is unparalleled. The same is to be said about most of our defence industry, and indeed everyday manufacturing industry in this country.
But, once thrown away and disgarded, it is gone. It cannot be called back into being on a mere whim. It is gone. And we may yet rue the day.
But, as I set out to say -Well done you folks!