PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Starting out in late 30's - advice please...
Old 27th Feb 2011, 21:04
flyingpom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only started working towards my PPL/CPL a year or so ago. No matter what people may tell you prospects wise, I'm a believer that if you work hard enough towards your goals, you will find someway of making it work for you, no matter what the circumstances. The only frustrating thing for me relates to the fact I still have to squeeze in a 60hr a week job along with trying to work through my CPL exams and night rating. I'm quite jealous of those young ones who get to work towards their dreams full time.

Like you my plan is to get my CPL ( inc night rating ) and then an instructor rating. I'm probably one of the few ones not really interested in the airline route. I'd be happy with a part time instructing job.

Good luck, whatever direction you take.

P.S I thought about giving up my dream of a job in aviation a few years ago ( due to my age ) but unfortunately I could not stop the thought of flying commercially from eating away at the back of my head… I suppose it’s better to chase you dream and fail than never try and regret it.