PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naval Typhoon
Thread: Naval Typhoon
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2011, 18:47
F3sRBest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, here goes!

A and C

BAe cant deliver on time or on budget, I worked (hard) for an airline like that, it went bust and I was on the dole.

Nothing personal but you must face the fact that just because you work (hard) for BAe your job should be protected for life.
I have absolutely no doubts about that! I have worked on both sides and have seen the best and worst of both but I have never seen any of the machiavellian conspiracy theories spouted by many on here. And I DO agree that if BAES can't deliver then it should pay the fair consequences.

Father Jack

However the corporate entity that is BAE Systems has consistently let this country and it's defences down and we simply cannot indulge another half-arsed, nebulous BAE project when the obvious answer is to buy something that has been clearly shown to be fit-for-purpose and available within the schedule and budget.
Agree BAES not blameless but this is NO WAY a one-sided argument!! half-arsed and nebulous fits better for MoD most of the time.

Willard Whyte

Right, so we owe them a living.
Absolutely not, but in your bile and vitriol you forget there are real people behind the logo, the vast majority of whom try and do a good job both for their company but also for those that use the kit.

Get real or get out.
I am far more real than you I fear.

Green Granite,

For all the criticism of BAE on this thread, it does seem to do rather better in manufacturing and delivering to customers overseas, which now accounts for about 80% of its business.
Agreed, but then overseas customers don't have the MOD to screw things up.
And there you have it ...........NAIL.......HEAD!!

I really would love to see those who post on here and love to criticise actually be in the positions of those they spend so much time picking on and do a better Job!