PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK F/O Apartments
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2011, 18:19
SassyPilotsWife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Know your facts Left

Left...

Oh darn, you caught us! Yes, we hired a spy to learn the housing allowances of ALL the pilots in the ME and now we're out to get you! The little green men you see running around you are purely innocent too I swear! About that bridge over the desert that you bought, well...

1. Give people more credit than this. Not everyone in real estate including DXB are scammers out for EK's 12k a month allowance. Especially " the agent above" as you mentioned.

2. If I am pitching properties that are empty and owned by EK guys.. WELL call the property police! I'll be damned if anyone should rent a property that is empty! I mean... hell, save your allowance money. Because the only "reasonable " villa or apartment is one that is already occupied right?

3. Not all landlords are desperate and actually some don't have to negotiate. How many EK pilots do you know that have so much time on their hands to do so? They trust their property with a qualified and licensed agent who happens to provide tenants who will take care of the properties AND that same agent does the negotiating for them. Especially when they are flying 95 hours a month and barely have time for family and sleep. Let alone time to deal with showing property, drawing up contracts, collecting deposits, etc etc etc.

4. The agent does NOT collect " your rent". A 5% commission is paid by the tenant and a 5% security deposit is again, paid by the tenant which goes to the land lord. That is standard and not charged by scamming agents only. The deposit is a given, the commission ? well do you work for free? if you fly for free then we will know how you got your type rating!

5. Rent is controlled by RERA and there are laws that prevent any owner from raising the rent the first 2 years and thereafter, it is only raised if the market allows. You do have the option to move out. There are 5% caps on rent as well in the UAE. Rent in DXB and northern emirates has NOT gone up in the past year. It's gone down, just ask those who live in Al Hamra !

JETII .. you couldn't have been more right!! NO landlord with good tenants would even contemplate raising rent. Matter of fact, rent goes down to keep the tenant and remain competitive.

6. If you have had the unfortunate experience of paying an agent 10% of " your rent" just for showing up and you think real estate agents are paid for doing nothing, then whats that say about you? If you also think that an EK pilot is going to be stupid enough to be "scammed" by an agent then whats that say about your opinion of them?

Although your idiotic response deserved NO reply, I thought I would set the record straight. Schizophrenia is a disease but you really can find a cure. Just ask the voices in your head. If you can pull it out of your ass.

Sheikh.. You forgot to mention paying all those taxes and higher interest rates in Europe.

Food for thought... If an EK pilot is going to purchase property here, why not do it and apply that 140k a year towards the mortgage ? A property that you're NOT taxed on, and that is probably selling for less than it was purchased for 2 years ago. In a few years, EK housing actually paid for that house.

SPW

Last edited by SassyPilotsWife; 27th Feb 2011 at 18:35.