PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DeltaConnection carriers file a petition for one list
Old 26th Aug 2000, 02:32
mtb

Unhappy

The way I see it, one seniority list is the way it should be at Delta or when any major wants to run a subsiary airline. It should be clear from the beginning that if Delta wants to own their subsidiaries, then Delta pilots will be doing the flying. Even if that means taking a loss because a Delta captain on the RJ can not be paid less than a Delta heavy jet FO. As far as scope clauses go, I do not think the one company should regulate how many RJs the smaller company flies. It should be contractually agreed on that United, for example, can take any route away at any time from their Express partner. This will keep it straight forward that the RJs are developing the route for something larger someday. If growth continues the way forecasters predict eventually RJs will lose these routes to Boeings and Airbusses. But if United or Delta or whichever company does not like that a regional is making such large profits, then come to the table with enough money and be prepared to pay the consequences. ie one pilot group per airline
I can see the problem though and simpithize with those pilots that want a second career (military to civilian or corporate to major). This will be a growing problem and pilots will have to realize this situation early on in their careers. It would make me sick, if I was a colonel or general and then was told that I was going to have to become an RJ FO before I was able to fly heavies. (I say RJ FO because I do not think that a major would dare own a turboprop in this day and age.) That is just my opinion and I look forward to hearing any questions or comments. Thanks.