View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2011, 14:43
speke2me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok went through MAN 3 weeks ago, hand luggage only. In my bag were:

2 x small (Hotel type) shampoos
1 x disposable fag lighter
1 x tiny eye drops bottle

Oh, and a similar fag lighter in my coat pocket, which went through the scanner.

Sailed through security. I then bought an eye pencil for a lady friend. Was told this was a liquid, so it was sealed in a bag. No problem.

Returned a few days later, again no problem.

Went through MAN again last week. Same bag, with addition of empty lip gloss (to match the colour and then replace) and said eye pencil (which was also wrong colour and needed replacing - women!!)

This time bag was pulled. Lady went through it and took out the two shampoos, fag lighter, and empty lip gloss container.

Had to pay a quid for a bag to get them through.

However the eye pencil was deemed ok, and the similar fag lighter in my coat pocket, went through ok too?

Consistency anyone?

Suffice to say, reducing the hassle factor is paramount here. I have kept their pound bag. In future I will use it as it seems to placate them that you have made some effort, although not always, judging by some posts. However, it is one of their pound bags, which might help.

As a PAX I almost feel security are on a mission to catch me out for some minor infringement, rather than just look after security.

After all, if they didn't have a visible bin full of empty lip gloss tubes, fag lighters and 5% full small shampoo/cosmetics containers, how could they justify their continued employment? I don't recall seeing any grenades or guns in the 'naughty box'?