PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2011, 14:01
mrpony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vintagekrug

There is a move on the part of Bassa to donate bonuses to something called Crewdefence. If 4000 strikers donated an average of 500 quid that would be 2 million!

I visited Crewdefence's web site. No accounts , no management named, nothing. What happens to money given and how is it, or how should it be, regulated?

I ask you because you seem to have a grasp of the legal niceties and I haven't got a clue.

With such large sums potentially being involved i'd have thought that there should be some sort of regulatory structure - otherwise you are not sure that you might just as well be sending your money to a long lost Nigerian relative who's tracked you down on the interweb.

Also, the web site says:

'CrewDefence exists to support your official union representation and the cabin crew community as a whole, with access to the very best solicitors and legal advocates.'

Surely the branch funds are there to carry this burden and Unite have a very large budget to play with? Furthermore I question the use of the term 'Legal Advocate' - that is something that could be applied to anyone.

Last edited by mrpony; 27th Feb 2011 at 14:42.