PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK F/O Apartments
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2011, 12:57
sheikmyarse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my point is..

My point is that with half of that money you easily pay a mortgage to buy a real house that at the worst it will maintain is value for ever but probably increase it in the medium long term.
Being in Europe and working for a comparable non low cost size airlines as a captain or FO you would easily make more money than any corresponding Emirates pilot allowance included. Just spoke with a 55 years old friend just retiring with 7000 euro pension..for life. Not to mention some other priceless facts as being free to voice your idea and opinions, having the protection of a real legal system, having the right to vote,having mostly free or quasi-free schools, free and competent medical care and feeling part of a real society not in a third world poor quality Disneyland built on oppression.
Someone says that EK package is good but that just makes me laugh!
The allowance is just a bait and most of the people I know that had chosen that option either lost hundreds of thousands in ****** up real estate deals or ended up in some other form of difficulties sooner or later. So de facto there is no allowance and free housing is the minimum they can give to attract people and cost them basically nothing since EK is essentially paying the rent to it self.
Keep recovering