PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Letter To Minister of Civil Aviation From Air India Pilots
Old 27th Feb 2011, 12:31
Tommy Tilt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fullforward;

I sincerely doubt that somebody would invest some few billions of dollars to start an operation and would take chances with just a few formalities.
Despite being provided with specific details, you seem unwilling to accept the "confirmed" facts that "certain oversights" occurred during the B777 introduction at Jet Airways. You apologise to me in one sentence and in the next, accuse me of being an "accomplice" to acts of impropriety after the fact. However, you make no mention of the utter incompetence by Jet Airways flight 'management' nor the lack of proper supervision by the Indian DGCA.

You have invalidated your credibility with wholly incorrect statements, false accusations and your implied confused state. Although deserving, I will refrain from giving you any further derogatory label as anyone reading your post will conclude you have performed that task quite competently yourself. I trust you will not insult yourself further.

I reiterate; when Jet Airways first began operating the B777, expat pilots were flying the aircraft as PIC without ever having passed a Jet Airways B777 simulator check and/or line check. On the flight I detailed, the only 'check' the pilots had received by Jet Airways, was a pre-hire assessment in a B737 simulator.

To return to the subject of this thread; the Indian pilots have many issues, my point is and remains; any discriminatory treatment between locals and expats (at Jet Airways), must be particularly hard to accept when they are endorsed and administered by a Bahraini national with questionable flight management skills, as detailed in public reports (ref above posts).

TT

Last edited by Tommy Tilt; 28th Feb 2011 at 11:36.