PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New military aviation 'body' to set up.
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2011, 09:38
dervish

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm the last person to claim any expertise on the subject, but I find all this talk of wheel reinventing and consultants with low level training absolutely frightening on such a subject. Does MoD not have it's own subject matter experts?

It is self-evident where the original detailed evidence to Coroners and Haddon-Cave came from and that the source knew exactly how airworthiness should be implemented and where the system had gone wrong. There was a short-lived link on the Mull of Kintyre thread to a submission to Haddon-Cave. The author clearly knew his stuff. Please tell me he, and those like him, have senior posts in the MAA. If not, why not?

Is it as simple as drafting in all aircraft related IPT Leaders into the MAA? Surely they are required to have this competence? If not, why not?

What of those who previously held delegation? Have they been suddenly deemed incompetent? What are they doing now?

I think these questions reveal a fundamental problem in MoD. Far too many senior post holders who have got where they are without gaining any practical experience at all. Can MoD still afford such luxuries?