PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabair (Merged '11)
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2011, 09:18
dream7879

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EPTA (Cabair) and BCFT

Hello Everyone!

I know that these schools have been discussed on this forum several times, however I really wanted to ask someone who is currently training with any of the mentioned schools (EPTA & BCFT) about their experience. I have been saving for my flying training pretty much all of my life and before I make this serious commitment I need to know a bit more about the training facilities from people who are either out there now or have been studying with them in the past.

So...I currently have a PPL and a few flying hours on SEP. I am now looking to do the ATPL theory + all the other required modules towards an fATPL (CPL, Multi, IR, MCC) at either EPTA or BCFT.

I visited both schools and they were fairly similar in terms of aircraft they operate and pass rates on the theoretical part. But could someone here please share their experience with the following:

1. How did you find the ATPL ground studies - were the instructors approachable, how well was the course structured, etc?
2. When you started flying training, was there good availability of aircraft/instructors or did you have to wait weeks (like we had to during our PPL) for the school to fix their planes and find an instructor?
3. After you completed the course, did the school help you with applying to the airlines with recommendation letters or such? I know that it will be completely up to myself to find a job but did the school aid you in one way or another?
4. Where did you stay during the training? The nearest place I could find was about 3 miles away from the airport with no bus service and since I don't have a car this can be a problem for me...especially during ground school.

Thank you very much in advance. Any feedback is highly appreciated.