PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Pilot Centre
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2011, 18:18
Jugs08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Pilot Centre

I've seen quite a few people asking about the Pilot Centre EGLD Denham and various other schools on here. I have experience with Cabair and TPC.

Firstly let me say that The Pilot Centre; is the better of the two. They have some fantastic instructors; with the majority over 1000 hours. Cabair are around 300-500; whilst they wait for their big Jet job. Cabair also will hit you with various fee's to ensure that as much money as possible translates into as less time in the air. Such as taxi time, flight equipment and flying in conditions which are not ideal for learning.

However; the Pilot Centre I simply went to because I liked learning at the Aerodrome and i'm very glad I did. The atmosphere is fantasic and they are always willing to help you learn.

If the conditions are suitable but you won't actual learn the objective e.g. nav on a hazy day. Then instead of making money out of you; they will wait for the right day. I have flown in all conditions with TPC; however each was part of the lesson objective.

They are very honestly priced at £145 an hour in the C152's.

Please feel free to PM me if you want any further details.