PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In-Flight reconfiguring Airframe Rotor Disc Control
Old 26th Feb 2011, 17:18
davh12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helisphere,

Sorry it's been so long. I read your last post just prior to the 4 day week-end and then went to the field. Back and clean again......4 days in the woodline.
I agree with you and I also believe that alot of testing is needed. This is not an endeavor to get rich, a quick start for a new line of helicopters or to solicit. It's just experimentation, that if proven valid, could be a new platform. Some folks in the respective "industry" are reviewing it. Most recent contact this past week, but I also told them that I did not believe that my platform was the answer for a UAV with regard to "simplified" controls because the concept of mechanical morphing and my theory of CG "flex" are not proven and again it's just a theory. There is emough stress learning the controls of rotorcraft for static airframes. I use the term "industry" loosley for a reason. Some I will not mention.
The HIR platform was intended for sport aviation and civil use such as law enforcement for smaller departments that cannot afford a mutli-million dollar Twin Star, for example, but it's still not ready. I enjoy very much the mechanical problem solving and questioning the norm. As I have said before, I question often where does practical application end and novelty begin. I keep trying until physics and mathematics prove me wrong.

Regards,

Dave