PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military // Prison Officers!
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2011, 14:20
DERG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Both...War ended in May 1945 I think..All of the family was involved in anti Nazi activity, mother imprisoned. Uncle was beheaded by Nazi in Feb for no other reason than the war was over and they wanted no tell tales. Think there were 17 political prisoners that day all beheaded by guillotene.

We were lucky because we had a Czech name and were able to survive while most around us... Jewish Families were expelled out to the camps. Thats why to this day most of the real police work in central Europe is done in plain clothes. The older ones are still scared of the police. In fact they are fabulous the way the keep crime down. In all 65 000 people of all ages were expelled from the city and only a handful survived.

"Rejection generally fosters malcontent" Totally agree..thats why Israel is the way it is today. Have to say we..those of us who survived..make excellent defenders..for better or worse..I am not happy with it but realise it as just part of humanity.

Army Mover: Was an academic shool, I only knew one guy who got in through the ATC route in my year. Did well and "invented" a new radar detection system. John Simpson he was called..or Simmer as we called him he will be about 57 years old now. Last saw him around 1970. He is the only one that I know of that went into the services.

Last edited by DERG; 26th Feb 2011 at 14:54.