PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military // Prison Officers!
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2011, 09:15
DERG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right Wingers

A long time ago, very long time all my family were in the military and they were all very conservative and very well looked after in every way. When that side married into another bunch of outright lefties..commies as it happened nothing changed.. still got the pension etc.

As I read the military posts on here it always strikes me how most of you. perhaps not all, are/were natural conservatives Tories and Royalists. I do not wish to be rude but was it not plain to you back in say 1984, when the Tories turned on the miners that something was not quite right with that political method and the way the police were used agin the civil population?

Did that not scare you the way the police, a para military home office agency, was used agin the common man? Looking at the renumeration and pensions for current police officers compared to the enlisted military does that not tell you just where the threat will come from in future? N Korea?

What it tells me is that the government values the police more than it does the military. The threat is no longer EXTERNAL ...No! The Threat is from within. You are no longer required.

So now they make you redundant. Is that any different to when a coal miner lost his job when they closed the pit. They know you will not riot even though you could easily organise that, so what stops you just walking out now? You still feel loyal to the government or the Queen..or has that gone?