PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane missing in north Queensland on way to Horn Island
Old 26th Feb 2011, 07:25
scarediecat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Condolonces to all friends and family. I really do hope they find the (supposed crashed ) location of the aircraft.

Re my last comments about Aero Commanders, I don't believe there is anything inherently wrong with the machines if they have been maintained correctly. All the accidents that I can recall that have occured with them have been due to pilot error, which comes back to pilot training and experience.
I disagree strongly with this opinion. We shouldnt speculate as to what has occured, but it is Pprune. Can anyone answer a few questions for me regarding Aerocommanders..

What is the MTOW of the AC50 in Australia?
What is the MTOW of the AC50 in the USA?
Why is there a difference?
If any one has ever bothered to grab a ladder and had a look on top of the wing, what will you invariably see?
Why do alot of AC50 require these straps?
What design flaw does the AC50 posses? (hint COP/COG)
What effect does these straps have long term?

The Aerocommander has proven to be a solid and reliable workhorse all over the world. I have a few hours in them myself. I just have a gut feel that no matter how well they are maintained they are getting long in the tooth. Ordinarily it isnt a problem but I feel for the AC50 it might. Last question...how many mid air break ups have there been with AC50's?

Please someone set me straight.