PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2011, 01:41
NoseGear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down What price integrity?

The breathless rush to take up these cadet positions is quite frankly sad to see

sunytorytimo, have you ever been to Hong Kong? Your statements justifying being poor, no nights out etc etc are ridiculous in the extreme. What are you planning on doing in your tiny little flat during your 20 days off a month...? And by the way, Disco Bay IS on Lantau Island. If you want to prostitute yourself then I'll make a little wager with you and any other cadet here....in less than 3 years, when you are still broke, no pay rise, can't go out, can't travel and staring down the barrel of at least another 2 years in the back you'll all be whinging like a windmill in a Typhoon And not one of us will want to hear it. Of course, there is then the small matter of your JFO upgrade after 5+ years in the jumpseat, because if you don't pass that, your out and you'll soon find your P2X rating about at useful as soggy loo paper.

Pitotprobe......
To all the current CX pilots delibarately shooting down the dreams of potential flyers because they only worry about their own jobs: shame on you!! If you cannot state facts in a professional manner and hate CX so much, then do us all a favour; leave.
You make this comment and then go on to moan about 5 years as an SO? Are you not doing the exact same thing? I've read this forum and what I can see is current pilots advising, using facts, about what these cadets can expect when they get here and perhaps opening their eyes and, dare I say it, even helping some make an informed decision. You offer nothing and if you think its a case of "shooting down dreams" don't you think CX is doing that to you, and most definately to the cadets....? Good lord man, get a grip.

The wager stands.