PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Demise of Hong Kong Airlines
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2011, 17:28
Algol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
On 80Hrs a month at HKA you'd be on something north of 127K HKD
So you only get 7000 for 10 hrs O/T ?....

....Still I guess when you consider a CX/KA skipper is on 120K basic 0-75hrs/month ( not buying a house ) plus 13th month plus 15% gratuity plus profit share plus medical plus schooling plus staff travel plus travel fund it just goes to show that HKA are still bringing up the rear in HKG by a fair margin, even a corporate G5 driver earns more than a HKA 330 captain.

Honky, I said NORTH of 127K. Forgive me for not calculating the last buck. The company bumf talks about 140K - but you'd be maxing out on hours, and I don't wanna work that hard frankly. I'm one of those guys who wants more time off rather than more money.

Listen mate....I have tons of hours, but if I decided to take up that job at Cathay right now I'd be on WAY LESS than the numbers you quote, because in spite of my spotless tens of thousands of hours experience in a respected legacy european carrier - I'd be hired as an F/O and be required to serve hard time. Ain't interested. And congrats to the CX guys for defending their seniority system.

If ya've got A Scale LHS at Cathay - Congratulations!! Enjoy!! Invite me to the Barbie some time...

One of our HKA colleagues quit Cathay, he said he'd had 'enough of blood sucking' - whatever that means. But why quit a 200K + 85K job and then join this shonky outfit. I'd love to know! Maybe CX is not all it's cracked up to be either!
Nowheres perfect!

Like I said, if you are on big money in Cathay, enjoy. I'm happy for you and all the other guys on A Scale. We all need A Scalers to support wages benchmarks in this industry!
But wind your neck in mate, cos if you're A Scale you are living in a very priviliged and unique situation, which may not last.
Without Cathay - what are your alternatives?
Welcome to Bombay???
Not for me thanks.

Turn your guns on the proper targets, and stop shooting down your colleagues. It's highly counter productive. Pilot Unity is the ultimate winner.

See you at the next ALPA/AOA get together. I'm joining up.

Last edited by Algol; 25th Feb 2011 at 17:55.