PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 152 or Piper Pa28 Warrior iii
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2011, 16:07
Pilot DAR

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts
Don't think in terms of "hard". These two types are exactly as hard as one and other to fly, just different in many ways, and happily so! It is a certification requirmeent that an aircraft not require unusual pilot skill, attention or strength to fly safely. Trust in the test pilots who approved each of these designs.

To put my bold statement in context, there are slightly easier aircraft than either of those two types to fly, for example Cessna 172, or 182 (just a tiny bit more stable), and some types which are a little "harder" (= more challenging), for example, most taildraggers, require mor eprecise directional control on the ground. I found the Tiger Moth is fairly challenging under some conditions, and requires more attention than many other types I have flown.

If you are aspiring to learn to fly, don't cheat yourself by seeking the "easiest". Fly what you have available, for compotent instruction. If it takes a little longer to perfect your flying skills, that's okay, you'll be a better pilot for it!