PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Noise, Parliament and Manchester
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2001, 14:31
Not Long Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Just to let you drivers know it's not only you who get caught by noise restrictions. I control in the London TMA and if I 'inadvertently' vector an a/c before the noise restriction ends (above 4 for LL and 3 for KK, plus one million and one dotted lines on the radar to miss 'noise sensitive areas'), I can expect a little tap on the shoulder a couple of weeks later saying "why did you take an a/c off the SID before noise ended".
Strangely enough I can hardly ever remember why or where I vectored one a/c twenty days ago. It is possible, usually, to pull the RT recordings and see if it was me vectoring too early or the a/c "getting it wrong" should I deny all knowledge.
It seems it's all to do with blame and statistics, and which operators are currently top of the bad boys and trying to lower their profile.

Strangely enough, those who complain about the noise don't seem to be the ones who've been in situ since before the airport was built, and don't volunteer to drive back from the airport after their holiday via somewhere three hours away.
Well I live right under the BPK westerly departure from LL, and boy does it get noisy about 10pm. But I also live ten minutes from work. And I'm not moving.

Happy headings!