PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bullied by the Boss?
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2011, 11:49
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok...

I hear what you are saying, however the talk of Liberian Oil Tankers is a little extreme if indeed the authorities do see pvt/corporate operators in that way, its almost like the AOC operators are beleiving their own merchandising and fabricating in their own heads potential safety risks in the great unwashed private/corporate sectors. Its simply not true and as somebody has already pointed out the evidence apparently\allegedly supports the alternative point of view.

I cringe when I see crews in Hawkers and Excels "off to do an LPC" and arrive back on the ramp less than an hour later. We hired in an aircraft 10 days ago and lets just say a perfectly legal AOC day wasn't very legal/sensible in my eyes. No account was taken of the fact that the skipper was up a little after 4am had an hours drive to work and had his final sector at 1900 that day, I just hope he was able to get his head down during the day and this is before we embrace Subpart Q purported by the very agency that you wish to impose upon us.

I dont see the problems to the degree you suggest certainly in our operation and those of freinds and colleagues, the reasoning you forward is based largely on maybe's, "I've Heard"s, "tempted" so forgive me if I'm resistant to fixing something that really hasn't yet proved to be broken.

Maybe Ive been insulated from it, maybe I need to hug my boss next time I see him.

As IR PIRATE said

The law is already there in black and white. All it takes is common sense and adherence and you have no issues.
Which pretty much sums up where I'm coming from.