PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bullied by the Boss?
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2011, 10:42
hawker750

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-SPOT
I hear what you say, and being an AOC operator I have opposed many things over the years that I deemed pointless. However, I came to the conclusion that no one listens and one has to just get on with it (like it or not). I do operate AOC and there is nothing realy I can legally do to change that.
I think what the aviation authorities around the world are working towards, especially VP and to a certain extent M is to avoid flags of convenience like the shipping industry got into whereby Liberian tankers with untrained Philippeno crews were tramping around the world dumping cude everywhere. I am not accusing your sector of our industry of this, just explaining how the authorities work and think.
We are a vey small team here but we do have to dedicate time to paperwork (SMS, quality and all that). I do not wish it on you but I think you are adopting a head in the sands attitude if you do not think a certain amount of this will not filter down to you.
We own two aircraft of our own and manage another for a private owner. We previously managed an aircraft for an owner who realy took liberties. 16 hour duty days, 8 hours in a hotel etec etc. The crews who also operated AOC hated it and it realy did not fit in with our AOC requirements. This latest management deal is on the basis that the aircraft is operated to public transport standards in all respects. Problem solved.
I am against bull**** paperwork, but you realy cannot agree that not having legislation on your crew flight times is good for flight safety. In these times of job shortages I am sure many private crews would be tempted to fly 10 hours and then be told by the boss to fly straight home. I have heard of such instances.
I have more of your type of attitude than you may think so do not bash me I am certainly not trying to bash you.
PS thanks for the apology