PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Peter Cadbury & Air Pegasus
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2011, 10:29
chevvron

Received 98 Likes on 71 Posts
Can't remember the reg of the Jetranger (although I should as I have good cause to as I will reveal later) but Peter also operated a C340 (G-MADI) and an Islander (G-BESO) at various times. MADI was during the era when Peter was boss of Westward Airways based at Exeter (3 x Cessna Titans). He'd wanted Embraer Bandierante's for the Westward fleet but (so he told me) the CAA were taking so long to certify them and he wanted to launch by a certain date, that he got on to Rogers Aviation and asked for an alternative and they came up with the Titans.
I arranged a trip with Peter one day in BESO. It was at Bembridge for maintenance, a company pilot was going to bring it back to Candover, then we would go back to Bembridge to drop off the pilot and return to Candover. When I arrived, there was no-one there, but after a couple of minutes, the Jetranger popped up over the hedge and came in and landed. Janie (Peter's wife) got out and said 'Peter says do you want a quick ride while he's got it running?'. Naturally I said yes, went over, opened the passenger door, put one leg in and we were airborne!! Hardly had chance to sit down let alone fasten my seatbelt. Peter explained they'd had his grandchildren for tea and he'd just taken them home.