PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2011, 10:28
Fuel-Off

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
As a fellow Gen Y Compylot, I have to say...you have no F#(@*#N idea what you're talking about...so sit down before you hurt yourself.

You can train a monkey to push the right buttons in the right sequence and write the required hieroglyphics on the take off data card, but when the shiser hits the fan, no doubt the monkey is going to run and hide for his nearest banana. The poor captain is going to run the entire show, WITHOUT the required support from the FO because he has absolutely no experience to draw back from.

The captain knows how to handle a situation, not because he's been through the simulator more times than the FO...it's because he's actually been SCARED. He knows FEAR...he know's his limitations, and knows when the pucker factor is going to be just enough before he has to pull back and draw on his EXPERIENCE to find another way out of a pickle.

I can guarantee no amount of simulator flying is going to make things safer. You comment that raw skill is not necessary. I'd like to see you say that to the crew of QF 32. Not even the most sadistic checkie could come up with a more dreadful scenario for a check than what those boys EXPERIENCED...

Again, as a fellow Gen Y I say go back in your box...your ignorance is nausiating...

Fuel-Off

Last edited by Fuel-Off; 25th Feb 2011 at 13:30.