PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do you find most annoying about our job???
Old 8th Sep 2002, 18:23
flapsforty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ukjetbloke, how VERY recogniseable! Just reading your post put aon my face. Yes, our beloved customers......................
  • Landing on the other side of the globe after a 12 hour flight "Do you fly right back now?". Yeah right, we have a 24 hour workday........
  • With my last names clearly stuck on my chest "what's your name?" , Mrs Forty to you mate!
  • Talking loudly through my whole safety announcement when they are sitting 3 feet from where I am standing talking in the mike. "Excuse me for interrupting your conversation ladies, this is about saving your clueless b*tts"
  • Using a cell phone while sitting with luggage on lap after I have just clearly and slowly explained the whole thing in 3 languages. Do you have to switch off your brain upon boarding an ac?
  • Pulling full force on the ashtray in the door in an attempt to open the toilet. And then dropping it on the floor for me to pick up.
  • "Excuse me, I am a vegetable" yes Ma'am, I know you are.
As for your point 8; I always start talking to them soundlessly after the first try. Like Basil Fawlty with the deaf lady. Cracks up the pax around them and the bewildered look on the victim's face always puts me in a sterling mood.

And BTW I reckon that someone who has the humour to look at his job the way ukjetbloke does, is exactly the kind of person who will last a long long time.
And the "I squeeze teebags for a living" comment is one I will definitely start using myself!