PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2011, 08:17
aile_striker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. Like everyone else, I have a dream of being a pilot. Dream, but not unreachable. I took my first attempt 5 years ago (in 2005) and failed miserably. I guess I was categorized as a 'passing phase', a commonly found wannabe, which i wont argue because that was probably true.

But after working for 5 years in another totally unrelated industry and numerous other life experiences, i still feel my love for aviation and decide to have a second shot at it. I just applied 2 weeks ago, before the Chinese New Year holidays, any one else here have applied around this time?

I've been reading the first 20 pages of this thread.. there's so much useful information here! Anyhow, does anyone know if the selection process have changed since this thread began in 2009?

I've a some questions:

1) is the holding period still present? (the CP32-5 classes waiting up to 12 months before having first flight and CP36 up to 6 months)

2) i notice there's a session going on right now, does anyone know when abouts the next intake would be?

Thanks!