PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Peter Cadbury & Air Pegasus
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2011, 07:37
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Peter Cadbury & Air Pegasus

I am looking for any details relating to Peter Cadbury, Air Pegasus and his private aircraft operations.

Anything, including photos, stories and background information would be welcome.

S.

Comments from other threads:

Georgeablelovehowindia (what a username!) wrote:

I did quite a lot of freelance flying for Air Pegasus at Preston Candover from mid-1975 into early 1976. My two mounts were the Aztecs G-BBHF and G-BBRJ - the latter one being a very slick turbo job. The electrically operated hangar - sorry, 'Grain Shed' - doors slid open to reveal the fleet: the aforementioned two Aztecs (although 'HF went and came back during my time) the Cessna 421B, a JetRanger, and ... a Pitts S1!

If returning to Preston Candover after dark, the procedure was to telephone Peter Cadbury's rather delectable - but obviously well out of my league - sec/pa, with the ETA. She would drive up the hill from her tied cottage on the estate, and switch the lights on. Yep, it was impressive when the whole caboodle came on. The grass runway was billiard table smooth, too.

Post-flight silver service tea and scones in the big house showed how the other half live!

Deputy airport manager Anne married another Blackbushe/Fairoaks/Blackbushe personality, Trevor Jones, of Airswift MkII, which morfed into the present-day Manhattan Jet Charter at Farnborough.
Chevvron wrote:

Cadbury told me that he used a disused racecourse when he lived at Crutchfield House. He moved to Preston House at Preston Candover (south of Basingstoke) where he had a strip with hangar, 1200m runway with lighting, all now long gone except the hangar.

The strip SE of Blackbushe is called Hawley; last used by a Harrier about 10 years ago.

Thought of a couple more: West Malling (Kent)- totally obliterated with an industrial estate, Cricklade (Gloucs) - no sign of runways but a huge aerial in the middle.