PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GFPT - Instructor approval to fly
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2011, 21:52
YPJT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK I clearly haven't explained this situation well enough.
Firstly I am not an instructor,
There is no training operation at this field so therefore no approved training areas. There is no reference to this airport or the surrounding region in the stuent's school's training manual. There are two privately owned aircraft here. One of the aircraft owners seems to think it is ok for this guy who has a GFPT to go flying around on the basis of the instructor at his school (a long distance away) giving him the ok.

It just seems very strange to me as I recall from when I did my GFPT some 16 yrs ago, the only flying I could do was still within the deisgnated training area of the school where I was learning. How on earth can an instructor thousands of KM away look anyone in the eye and say, "yes I am supervising this student's flying activities"?

I am not saying the student couldn't go to another school to do flying and exercise privelidges of his GFPT. This is not what is occurring in this case.

Then there are the questions of whether the aircraft insured for flying training and is the MR endorsed for air work?

Last edited by YPJT; 24th Feb 2011 at 22:44.