PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bahrain, Saudi Arabia & Iran
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2011, 20:20
MTOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how about a free Middle East, no longer governed by corrupt dictators or medieval monarchic dynasties supported by the West, but free independent democracies who bow to the will of the people?
Pr00ne, I'm assuming the nearest you've ever been to the Middle East is a pro-Palestinian rally on the liberal arts campus at your local polytechnic.

A democratically-elected government in many if not most Middle Eastern countries would result in a 14th century style theoracy not unlike what we've seen in Iran for the last thirty years.

If you haven't lived there, you can have no idea of the incredible one-eyed pride Arabs have in their glorious history, their vastly superior military prowess, [I'm not kidding on that point - don't you know they've soundly defeated the Israelis in every military encounter they've had with them since (and before) 1948, only to have every hard-won victory stolen from them by the Great Satan America on the floor of the United Nations? Ask any Arab and he'll tell you, in great detail, how this is irrefutably true], their religion, and their deep-seated distrust, even hatred, of all things non-Arab and non-Muslim. I'm not talking about the educated Arabs you may have met during your pro-Hamas rally at the poly, but the other 95% - the ones who'll give the mullahs the overwhelming majority in any Western-style democratic election.

Oh, and once you've voted - democratically, Western style - you've voted. Once and once only. After that, any election involves no women allowed to vote, no candidates not approved by the local mullah allowed to stand, [as already happens in Iran], no non-Muslims and no-anyone else who doesn't toe the party line.