PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Movements At Doha Airport
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2002, 15:51
MTQatar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A300Man,

I noticed that the US movements at DOH increasing, do you know if Al-Udeid is used for personnel and cargo too. In DOH Polar Air Cargo and Evergreen fly the 747F in support of the USAF there is one 747F most of the time in the USAF Ramp "Camp Snoopy". It is interesting to note the the total amount of USAF Aircraft and Movements positioned in Qatar outnumber those of the QEAF and within a few years the total number of US Military Personnel will outnumber those of the Qatari Navy, Army and Air Force combined!!!

In Al-Udeid I mostly saw tankers, freighters and a few fighter jets, they will have a total of 120 positioned there in the future.

As for the Qatar Airways B727-200 picture, I found A7-ABD which was sold to DHL as N751DH. It is in the basic new Grey and White Qatar Airways livery but without the Flying Oryx Logo and titles.

Qatar Airways B727-264 ADV (A7-ABD)

A300Man, I also noted from another thread that you sent me an email. My email account has been down for nearly two days now and according to my email service providers It won't be up for about 72 hours since there was a problem with the servers. Could you please resend through Private Message?

Regards,
MTQatar