PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Court Line
Thread: Court Line
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2011, 15:59
lynne philpot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-AVGW

Adam, my wife Lynne is in usa at present, so i am replying on her behalf, but im sure when she gets back she will want to put her bit in. I have done all the work i can about her father, it was the only way i could get to know the father in law i had never met. One of the items i did come across was the accident investigation report. These were carried out by the board of trade at the time. A copy can be obtained from the british national library, i think it was about £21 including delivery. Details are; TITLE REPORT-ACCIDENT COMPENSATION CO... YEAR 1969. VOLUME/PART CAP 326. SHELFMARK 2116.66 The report is very detailed, but comes to no firm conclusion, well, not to me anyway, apart from the fact that both engines had been shut down, when the intention was to shut only one engine. I suspect there was a communication error between the pilots, and they shut an engine each, without the others knowledge, (your father was being tested on the hs 125, and total engine failure was simulated). It seems almost inconcievable that two pilots with so much experience between them should make such an error, but this was just a blip compared to the kegworth disaster, and in that context, it make's the hs 125 incident entirely believable. I often think of harold and david, and am both angry and saddend, angry with them for not getting it right, and sad for those left behind. However, i've never sought blame, just understanding. I hope this has been some help, best wishes, Ray.