PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2011, 11:46
Horsepowerrr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Been watching this now for 26 pages, but all I can say is that RYR would be very sillyto put in a 5/3 roster in bases that had 5/4 before. It will mean just more people will leave and it will hurt them so much that they will not know where to turn. For myself the 5/3 will be the final push that will send me off somewhere else. And that will be another left seat to fill by EMA. If you are BRK you are hit hard with 5/3, coz it just means you will be doing more standby's and not make a penny more. And away from home you will have average 1,5 day with your family a week. Great job huh!

I am also fed up with the leave system, why this whole month off? If you want it, great. But if you want to spread it in more weeks you cant. Why not? It is just easier for Rostering to do it like this, but it is just rubbish. I know guys who had 18 months between their months off. Safe?

Thats also why I wont accept 5/3 in the summer. You cant really apply for much leave in the summer and then ony 3 days off will make you not see much of the summer or for many pilots also their family.

The last ten years the RYR pilots didnt get much extra at all, inflation, etc. compensated for the few % extra the pilots got. Everything else just deteriorated as well.

I think a lot of people are waiting for the next bad move from RYR and they will leave. PB is welcome in our base. When he comes to bring the 5/3 news I can hand in my resignation straight away to him. Quite handy. Plenty of jobs out there and how much worse can they be? Not.

Anyway, these were just my thoughts. Keep tunnelling guys!