PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIBYA (Merged) Use this thread ONLY
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2011, 10:25
Uncle Ginsters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and the delightfully helpful admin sgt who was in situ for Saif sarea - thread drift.............. a child was conceived amongst the 40 + bed BFOT was it not?
I believe so, although it might take Jeremy Kyle to prove it!

Not forgetting the 'Cup Tree' and Gp Capt Mover's "What's all this noise in the night, i've got an Exercise to organise you know!" outburst

Back on thread though, before everyone on here goes off on one about loss af capability, let's not forget that we currently have a major undertaking already longer than the 2 World Wars put together still ongoing!

I believe we do have the assets, but they're spread too thinly on HERRICK at the moment. The decision is do we support 1 medium(and some) scale Op and still keep reserves for small-scale interludes like today?

Were the priorities so, assets would be allocated. So, do we prioritise militarily or execute knee-jerks to every Sky News phone-in headline?

Also, don't we have other aircraft capable of moving a fair few personnel a fair bit quicker than Albert? Saving those boys for doing what they do best.