PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash-Cork Airport
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 23:46
BarbiesBoyfriend

This accident could draw attention to quite a few areas that IMHO need attention.

For example.

1. Duty hours. It's been reported on here at least that the crew had operated a flight before this one. I wonder how alert they actually were, even if they were FTL legal?
The FTLs are in danger of being re-jigged for the worse. This accident MAY impinge on that plan.

2. Experience levels. We know the F/O was very new. The Captain was also newish to the LHS. Too new? THe first thing pilots do at Manx 2 is join. The second thing is leave.

3. Ticketing issues. The whole plot will be unravelled by the lawyers. There's a can of worms here with ref to Manx2 and the AOC of the operator.

4. Commercial pressures. Sure, we all know the rules. I wonder what the CVR will reveal. Plainly these guys were keen to get in. I usually find that if I do an app in CAT 1 weather, I get in. I have NEVER had three goes in CAT 1 wx without getting in. I've been to Cork many times btw.

5. Cheap/ Loco carriers. It's not such a bargain if you get killed.
I know that some LOCOs, like EZY are top notch training wise, but plainly the 'bottom feeders' are quaintly different. In life, you tend to get roughly what you paid for.

It'll be a revealing AAIB report methinks.