PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson R66 (merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 21:09
Tailboom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying the R66

Well ive just come back from Wycombe having spent 30 mins flying the R66, what a fantastic machine. I must congratulate Heli Air for the fabulous facility they have there.

For the first flight, 5 of us took off, one of my pals is certainly not small and the machine with just under half tanks lifted off with masses of power to spare. The smoothness of the flight was incredible.

The next flight was just SB and myself the speed is amazing, ive flown the R44 since it was first launched, at it is a very capable machine but this is far better, engine off Auto's from quite high up are just a non event.

From what I can see the R66 is better than the R44 in nearly every point, its faster, more powerfull, bigger, more luggage space, better endurance, bigger seats, smoother, I could keep on going.

We have to remember that for a civillian heli the R44, especially in the Raven II format is a super machine, but this is better in every catagory.

People whine about the Cyclic, ive never had a problem with it, and ive instructed for years using it and its not that bad.

Every one who flew in the R66 today left the machine with huge smiles on their faces, go and try it and see for yourselves.