PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bullied by the Boss?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 19:58
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H750

You sort of missed the point, im not saying that theres a problem with load sheets and yes you do one anyway but theres the rub. documenting something you already do seems pointless.

Your manual states you need to do one, so thats ok then....my point being notwithstanding your legal requirement to do it and do it properly it could be falsified by an unscrupulous operator, you dont hear me crying out for more oversight on loadsheets for charter operators

Ive no axe to grind with AOC operator I used to happily fly for one, far from it. You have a job to do and a margin to make, you could call the captains fuel league at Ryanair more subtle bullying from the boss than anything Ive ever experienced and its there every day!

We operate a large mid size bizjet with a very small team, the bull**** to flying ratio is all out of kilter anyway and we're on the very operator friendly M reg. More oversight will just mean less time for small teams such as mine to concentrate on something important and could well be deemed a hazard to flight safety.

May I respectfully suggest you're been lugging around this AOC for so long you've sort of forgotten how straightforward it can actually be to operate an aircraft safely - just asking.

Sorry about the tone of the last post but you can see theres very little support or sense of viability for a toothless ops manual that has no enforcibility or place in law

The SMS arrow has left the bow, do we really need one for a team of two? Before you give me the stock answer have a really good think, despite my crap tone there's a good discussion to be had here