PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 17:28
LHA649

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cathay Stage 1

hi everyone,

I've been reading numerous posts about information regarding Cathay Stage 1. Here's my report!

I had my Stage 1 one Feb 14th! It contained of the following things:
- Job Knowledge Test
- Reasoning Test
- Wombat-Cs Test
- Personality Test
- Interview (technical + personal)

Job Knowledge Test
Upon your invitation to Stage 1 you receive a JKI Booklet detailing information you NEED TO KNOW for the Job Knowledge Test. It is a multi-choice test, 50 questions, 40 minutes. I can just urge you guys: learn it IN AND OUT. You will also need this knowledge for the technical part of the interview (the guy picks certain questoins off the booklet and specifically asks you. E.g I was asked to explain how VSI works)

Reasoning Test
Not Maths related! Just comparing and analsying graphics and pictures. Easy, but it gets more challenging as you progress. You have 5 Minuts for 8 (i think) questions and 30 minuts for 30 (i think) questions

Wombat-Cs Test
Google wombat-cs test and study the manual. It tests your situational awarness and your multi-tasking skills. It lasts 60 minutes.

Personality Test
BE HONEST! It contains three exercises. In the first exercise you need to rank 8 sentences according to your description of your personlity. In the second exercise you need to do the EXACT same thing and this is where Cathay is testing you on your honesty! It is pretty hard to memorise 8x7=56 sentence orders, so my advise is to be honest. The last exercise is about answering questions and selecting yes, no or maybe (cant remeber the exact structure)

Interview
30 minutes personal, and 30 minutes technical! in the personal part be friendly, show interest, sell yourself well and persuade them to take you. In the technical part don't be put down by questions you cant answer ( I couldnt answer 4 questions). Be honest and say that you cant answer the questions. If you studied the JKI well, you'll be fine

Overall
I think I did a good job, but even then I can't tell if I got through or not. You need to wait 2-3 weeks and during this time you just need to 'survive' it! Its pretty hard and I'm anxious and cant wait for the feedback, but you've got to wait.

Hope I could help.

Tim