PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hours building: Questions, Ideas, Advice, Countries etc
Old 8th Sep 2002, 10:43
vorticey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arraitch

i guessed you did your licence the easy way (RAAF) you do not know how hard it is at all.
not very many operators will employ first time pilots strait up as has been said already, you can nearly count them on one hand.
and with 70 (dont know the exact number) pilots a month coming out of training schools across australia a month, how can they all get paid jobs?
as you can guess i slaved for a short time to get my foot in the door, in front of all of the ones that wanted pay. and so the fellas get to know you and you do a few jobs (and flights) here and there, now im a paid employee of the company.
i dont know about the mustering company your talking about but the ones i know will employ low time pilots WITH RINGER EXPERIENCE wich means, you guessed it, working on a station for a while. you dont need money while your on the station because they feed and house you anyway.

BLENDERPILOT you must be the luckiest pilot i know to get that job strait up
you said >I got it by going to the airport everyday, meeting people, making lots of phone calls, being persistent, and being willing to move to where the opportunities are.
it sounds like you did this all for free to me.