PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DeltaConnection carriers file a petition for one list
Old 1st Aug 2000, 20:07
DeltaConnector

Unhappy

Peter,

The question was: You wanted me to substantiate my claim that ASA is a stepping stone and that the NMB didn't tell us that our contract was as good as it gets for a "regional," if I understood you right.

I answered both:

A. We are all career minded, towards a job at the majors and not ASA, thus ASA will continue to be a stepping stone for most of us, and thus the wages there will stagnate due to a lack of interest and pilot involvement. This will lend to management's ability to grow the place while keeping productivity high and REPLACING DAL flying with point to point RJ50 70 and larger!
If nothing changes, this will happen over the next 10 years, I'll bet my career on it!

B. The NMB told our negotiations committee members that they weren't going to get a better deal than we got (which was crap! Especially on the work rules front), and that the alternative was a strike. Which brings me to the other question. I refer you to my point "A," the strike vote on most items was not a majority as most of us don't give a "$@%@$^% about ASA, we are aiming for DAL,UAL,AMR etc...

Do you see a pattern?

And oh BTW, most ASA pilots didn't know anything about the PID until the day it was announced. Most ASA pilot wish that the wording had been more friendly, but you are dealing with people(MEC) who see DALPA's scope talks as an afront to them. Most ASA pilots don't expect special treatment by the DAL MEC, staple is what the majority of us find to be a fair solution. Finally, I personally have a high chance at an interview with in the year, at DAL and UAL and will take the first offer I get, and then, will maintain my position that we NEED one list! Staple job!

Am I clear?