PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EO SID / Special Take-Off Procedure - Include in App. Brief?
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 13:52
9.G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
de facto, firstly dispatchers in Europe don't require license unlike in the US, that doesn't mean the companies don't send them to complete such and obtain the certificate. Secondly in Europe dispatchers aren't co-responsible for the safe conduct of the flight, only the commander is. Thirdly, except for those airport where there's no other way but to reduce the payload in order to comply with MA climb gradient due to terrain profile etc, it's operator's choice whether to entertain or not alternative methods, best example HKG 07L coming in on 330 we can come in with max LW and LVO provided we follow EO SID in case of EO GA , coming in on A 345 or 346 we follow published MA even with EO unless the OAT is above 40 C. Last but not least the authorities grant approvals to operators based on their assessment criterions which doesn't mean every operator will be able to follow alternative methods.

BOAC operation to LOWS requires prior permission by Austrian CAA and most certainly if one wants to use 16 for departure special authorization is required as it's high performance departure. In this case EO SID is a must no doubt. Again particularly for LOWS the company chose to reduce the LW in order to comply with lower minima instead of using EO SID. Whether it was a voluntary choice or the Austrian CAA didn't approve it no idea. If I recall correct LW on 321 was limited to 68T or something like that.

Those are best examples in fact, LOWS requiring CAA authorization to use lower minimas for CAT I and HKG not requiring anything for lower cat I minima except ordinary compliance with regs. I'm not talking about LVO authorization here which requires a separate approval.