PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a pilot in the near future - what one needs to know
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 11:52
dbriglee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good point that! Thats a major one, which i am a little regretting now, when i have other ideas of what to do in my spare time. But once you get the airline job, you will be living YOUR LIFE around WORK, not the other way around. Its hard to do regular activities in your spare time. It is possible, but just takes a lot of effort.. Even organising a night out with people you work with is hard enough too.!

Go travel, have some fun, go on holidays, have a few mess around jobs and make some friends.... You don't want to be worrying about counting the hours you have left of drinking time when you are 19, and being in bed at a 'sensible' time. BOOORRRING

Or just do some instruction for while! Which i would love to do now, but cannot.
Even if the money may be poor, atleast you will have a fairly normal 9-5 pattern.

If i were to do it again, id start it mid twenties, rather than early 20s. Just personal preference.