PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staff travel
Thread: Staff travel
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2002, 09:02
aviatorgirl72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately, some people do abuse the priviledge of using their staff travel. There are always a few bed apples.

But I whether you are staff or not, you should be treated like a full paying passenger. This is just being professional!!!

It is a perk of the job, and the reason why people do this hard, sometimes thankless job.

If I were you I would write a a very objectional letter to your GM or CEO, pointing out what you experienced from boarding to disembarkation.

It is totally unprofessional to treat another member of the company like this.

What people need to realise, yes there are a lot of departments that make up an airline. But at the end of the day, the cabin crew deliver the product.

We are the shopwindow of any airline, and the deciding factor whether someone will return to it.

It is very hard to find good quality people in this day and age, good customer service can be taught, but not always delivered!!!

Go ahead and write the letter, it will get all this off your chest.

When crew travel on my flights, the first thing I do, is to take them a goody bag for flight, water, magazines, toothbrushes, sleepers and eyeshades, and always popp in the timetable!!!!