PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a pilot in the near future - what one needs to know
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 10:40
stevop21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You keen on going integrated?
I can't really see the big advantage myself. I'm a year ahead of you so taking ASs this year, if I were to go to uni and flight training that would be a huge amount of debt, from my financial situation I have absolutely no choice but to go modular. I would never let anyone in my family sign a house onto a loan, that just seems far too risky for the lack of jobs. But as you say you have the funds then the integrated may not be such a bad thing, the schools just seem so overated! There is a huge thread here which is very useful for weighing out the pros and cons.

Interesting view on instructing, it's always been something I'd quite like to do, it builds good hours and gets you solid flying experience.

I don't think you should bother with uni and go straight into training, but make sure you have a job to go into afterwards in case you don't get a flying job.

Congratulations on the gliding scholarship, I imagine it will look very good on your CV! What are your choices for a-level by the way?