PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar cadet program
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 09:50
AdventureIsOutThere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats BlackPrince77 on making it through, are you going to accept the offer?

27/09

The FEE-Help government loan doesn't have interest but it does go up with inflation, and you don't pay it back until your income goes over a certain threshold where they'll take between 4% to 8% of your annual income.

I saw part of the contract Jetstar are offering and it said it'll be a New Zealand contract where the first 3 years are fixed on a x amount, then the next 3 on x amount where you'll be given a minimum of 150 hours per quarter though realistically expect ~80 hours per month. Although it is a New Zealand contract it is highly likely however that you will be given the opportunity to take an Australian Base on a Leave Without Pay arrangement once you've been Checked to Line. It also said Jetstar has provision within OM1 to allow for ICUS to gain the required hours to achieve your ATPL.

Is this a fair deal?
I considered applying but I wanted to know what I would be getting myself into as I don't know much about the aviation industry and am trying to weigh up my options as what's the best path to take.