PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baron or caravan
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2011, 03:25
Wildpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many many pilots fly what they feel would be best for the CV and although if your goal is not the journey but the RH seat then that is fine. The fact that you are posting on pprune to ask means you are in that category I would imagine.

Personally I agree with one of the above posters, lifestyle etc is more important. Yes the Baron does have two engines but lets be honest the Van is a much nicer machine in every way to earn a living in.

If you choose what is best to get you to the RH seat the quickest then you may feel in the long run that you have missed out. So fly what you want, I laugh at pilots who say things like "I have to much single time now".

If you want to fly the old Baron then do it, she is almost a bit of a classic now in her own right. Just don't get suckered into this BS that almost all of us fall for at sometime. You should enjoy this career as it is a long hard road and generally not that financially worth while, so the least it can give is a good journey to the top.

And remember the top does not mean an airline it means what ever you think is the top job.

Have fun